You could apply to The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs for a residency visa for parents.
You may sponsor residency visa for parents if you are drawing a monthly salary of AED 20,000 or above, or a minimum salary of AED 19,000 and if accommodation is being provided to you by the employer. Residence visas have to be sponsored for both the parents together, and it is required that you provide the necessary documents, if the parents are divorced or one of the parents is deceased.
Sponsoring your family and domestic staff
In case your employer is acting as your sponsor so you can live and work in the UAE, you can act as the sponsor for your family and dependents or domestic workers. Wives can also sponsor their husbands, although they must meet some more requirements. A measurable minimum monthly salary is required to sponsor your parents to come live with you in the UAE.
Sponsoring your spouse and children
If you have landed a job in the UAE and you would like your family to join you, the family will need to be sponsored by you for an entry permit. To obtain this permit for your family, you will require the following documents:
- completed application for entry permit
- certified copies of passport of those who are being sponsored, with at least 6-months’ validity
- one passport-sized photo for each dependent being sponsored
If you are sponsoring your spouse:
- a marriage certificate, including its original and copy, which is certified and legally translated for non-Arab nationalities, is required
- a bank guarantee of 5,000 AED is required if you have a second wife
If sponsoring your children:
- a birth certificate, including its original and copy, which are duly certified
- for daughters over 18 years of age and are unmarried, a written statement testifying that they are unmarried is required
- attested salary certificate and original employment contract. For you to act as a sponsor, you must earn AED 3,000 or more in case accommodation is provided by your employer, or AED 4,000 if you have to take care of accommodation on your own. There is exemption from this requirement for teachers, imams, and bus drivers for educational institutions.
- bank statements for the past three months
- your original and authenticated rental contract
- most recent utility bills, including water and electricity
After you receive the entry permits, you can either send your spouse the original entry permit or send a copy and deposit the original at the immigration office of the airport that they will be arriving at.
Once your family arrives in the UAE, you will be required to take them to get a residence visa. This has to be done within the first 60 days after the family’s arrival. The visa policy says that the renewable residence visa is usually valid for 3 years.
Also, the visa policy requires the same documents to apply for the residence visa that you needed for the entry permit. You might want to bring extra copies with you of each document in addition to the original or certified copy, just in case you need them. Some additional documents that are required are:
- a completed application form, signed by the sponsor
- the original passports and the copies of the sponsor and family members
- 3 passport-sized photos for each family member
- entry permits
- for every family member above 15 years of age, a medical fitness certificate is required
- proof of health insurance for your family
- your original residence visa and its copy
- your original Emirates ID card and labor card and their copies
KWS Middle East, a business formation UAE consultancy can help you with all the processes that you are looking for help with. The company’s experts not only help you with business formation UAE but can handle your visa related queries. They are experienced in all types of circumstances and have complete know-how of what is required to obtain different types of visas. Whether it is documentation or the process itself, all will be taken care of by KWS Middle East.
Our experts take care of all types of visa processing. Email us know.