Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD), established in 2012, is one of the world’s foremost port-integrated industrial zones and a leading hub for manufacturing, logistics and trade across diverse sectors.
The industries of KIZAD’s focus include aluminum, engineered metal products, food processing and packaging, and general industries including pharmaceutical, polymer converting and automotive spare parts.
What KIZAD Offers For Your Business?
- UAE free zone benefits:
- 100% capital and profit repatriation
- 100% foreign ownership
- No corporate and personal tax
- Low-cost leasing facility
- Outstanding access to markets: Strategically located between the cities of Abu Dhabi and Dubai, KIZAD offers your business outstanding access to markets through sea, air, road and future rail; connecting you to more than 4.5 billion consumers.
- Multi Model connectivity
- Fully integrated with Khalifa Port – one of the worlds’ most advanced deep-sea ports and the region’s first semi-automated port.
- Dedicated future rail network
- Optimum road connectivity
- Proximity to 4 international airports
- World class infrastructure
- Tailored solutions – innovative solutions that offer your business as significant advantage
- Free zone and non-free zone solutions for land leasing, pre-built warehouses and free zone offices.
- Fast and efficient business setup with competitive operating costs
- Dedicated investor support program to help you grow your business
Also Read: How to start an industrial company in Dubai?
Business setup at KIZAD
Company License Types
The following categories of licenses are issued to operate a business within Khalifa Port FTZ after all procedural requirements are taken care of in accordance with the Governing Regulations.
- Industrial License: Allows import of raw material, manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging and export of intermediate and / or finished product and related industrial activities.
- Trading License: Allows trading activities that include import, export, distribution, stocking, warehousing of products and items specified on the Trading License and other related trading activities.
- General trading License: A General Trading License maybe issued by the free zone authority if the total number of products go beyond 17 (Seventeen) or total number of groups exceed 3 (three).
- Service License: Allows service activities such as management and economic consulting services, marketing services, logistical support services such as cargo and freight forwarding, restaurants, retail food outlets, catering services, travel agencies, etc.
Company Legal Types in KIZAD
Following types of companies can be set-up at KIZAD.
- Limited liability Company
Limited Liability Company should have a minimum paid-up capital of AED 150,000 or such higher paid-up capital as may be recommended.
LLC can be owned by individual or corporate or individual and corporate.
- Branch Company
The branch company having valid registration and license outside KIZAD can apply for the formation of a branch company in KIZAD.
It can be either registered as a branch of UAE Company or a branch of foreign Company.
Company Formation Process in KIZAD
Company formation in UAE free zone is a step by step process. Following are the key points you need to follow if you are looking to form company in KIZAD.
- Choose the economic activity for your business in KIZAD which should be in accordance with stipulations by Department of Economic Activity, Abu Dhabi.
- Determine legal structure for your business. Whether you want to establish an LLC or branch.
- Decide your business name and register it.
- Apply for Initial Approval along with required documents. Further approvals will also be required.
- After obtaining all approvals, get license for your business.
- Upon obtaining business license, you can now start your business at KIZAD.
KIZAD is a well-planned industrial free zone in Abu Dhabi that offers better infrastructure, warehousing, and transportation facilities and hence makes the most ideal location for your company.
Start your business in UAE by setting up company at KIZAD. Contact our business consultants at Business Formation Dubai for detailed guidance on UAE company formation process. Visit our website for more information or send your query at email@example.com.